Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Ten Commandments? Impossible!


Mark 10:17, Romans 3:20, Romans 3:23-24, Ephesians 2:8-9
When I have read the Ten Commandments earlier in life, I felt so hopeless because I knew I could not obey all of them all the time. Really, these rules are impossible for anyone to perfectly obey, right? I felt hopeless and wondered how I could be good enough to go to heaven. I had asked Jesus to be my personal Savior and forgive my sin, but even so, I was confused by the thought of obeying the Ten Commandments. In Mark 10:17, someone asks Jesus how they can have eternal life. Jesus answers by reminding that person of the Ten Commandments. This made me feel really bad and guilty. Then I realized that this concept that no one could ever obey the Ten Commandments was the whole point! We are supposed to try but will always fall short! A light bulb moment! The point was that we can't, and that is why we need Jesus! Romans 3:23-24 says all have sinned but are justified by His grace! Ephesians 2:8-9 says we are saved by grace through faith, not of ourselves. How comforting this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Eclipse on August 21, 2017

My Bible reading schedule is to read at least one chapter a day going straight through from Genesis through Revelation and then starting ove...