Monday, August 28, 2017

The Eclipse on August 21, 2017

My Bible reading schedule is to read at least one chapter a day going straight through from Genesis through Revelation and then starting over. It's funny how many times God plans it so I read something so relevant to what is going on in my life. Some would call it a coincidence but I know it is all in God's plan.

On the day of the eclipse, one of my Facebook friends reminded us that on the day Jesus died on the cross, there was three hours of darkness.  This was an awesome reminder of the power of God who created the sun and moon, and can control them.

A couple of days after the eclipse, I was again reminded of the power of God. In Joshua 10, God intervened and showed His power in a kind of opposite eclipse.  On that day Joshua was in battle with the evil Amorites. God made the sun shine for a full day so Joshua could continue his battle and defeat the Amorites.

So, God has the power to change the laws of nature. He can bring darkness in the middle of the day. He can bring sunshine for 24 hours. Our God is an awesome God with more power than we can imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Eclipse on August 21, 2017

My Bible reading schedule is to read at least one chapter a day going straight through from Genesis through Revelation and then starting ove...