Saturday, June 10, 2017

God Shuts the Door

Genesis 7:16  
The story of Noah is one of those Bible stories I have heard many times as a child and thought I knew all about it. Funny how I can read the Bible over many times and almost always find something I did not notice before that gives the story more deeper meaning and shows even more how awesome God is. I find it interesting to discover that Noah and his family actually entered the boat first and then the animals entered. In children's books there are illustrations showing Noah herding the animals into the ark when actually they went willingly which was God's will. Also an interesting point I missed earlier in my life (probably because I was relying on children's books rather than reading from the Bible) is that God himself shuts the door (Gen 7:16). Awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Eclipse on August 21, 2017

My Bible reading schedule is to read at least one chapter a day going straight through from Genesis through Revelation and then starting ove...